Are wireless smart homes in Lincoln a good idea?
Not so long ago, home security systems were limited to wired equipment linked through a long installation process. Those days are over. Wireless innovation has reinvented the market and introduced a wealth of possibilities for residents.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in Lincoln is right for your family? Explore what you ought to know about going wireless.
What you should know before deciding to go wireless
The foundation of any wireless network is a stable internet connection. Dependable, high-speed internet and a quality wireless router are the two primary ingredients you’ll need. If you haven’t upgraded your router in quite some time, consider switching it out now to capitalize on the newest performance advancements.
If you live in an area without reliable high-speed internet or cellular coverage, you could be well-advised to go with a hard-wired connection. And, it could be a better move monetarily to remain with an existing configuration if you move to a home already wired for security.
Regardless of where you live, network and power interruptions can occur. To address this concern, search for security solutions with cellular and battery backups to keep you connected.
What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in Lincoln?
Protecting your home against common threats like break-ins and fire is the main goal of any home security system. You can accomplish this with wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to benefit from the most recent advancements, a wireless smart home is your best option. With a wireless system, you can enjoy the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to lock your entryways or scan real-time footage from your phone? A wireless smart home provides a degree of access you’ve never experienced. You can investigate or adjust any integrated components remotely, such as your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant notifications: Not only can you access your system, but it may also access you. If a sensor is activated, an update will be dispatched immediately to your mobile device app. You’ll always be alerted when there’s a security event, no matter your location.
● Adaptable and scalable: Different from wired implements, you can place wireless ones just about anywhere. Interested in having a surveillance camera on your shelf or in your kid’s bedroom? No problem! It’s also straightforward to remove or add devices from your wireless smart home.
Potential drawbacks of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Lincoln have proven dependable and beneficial, there are some potential disadvantages. You should consider the following:
● You may have to change batteries. If you use battery-powered tools, there’s always the possibility of a disruption when the battery dies. Even so, smart devices will alert you when the battery is low and usually last for many years without calling for a fresh battery.
● Device placement. There may be restrictions on how far you can place wireless components away from the centralized command hub. This isn’t a problem in the majority of homes, but you should find out about the distance prior to installing.
● Risk of online hacking. In a similar fashion as any other computer network, the risk of hacking is there. But you can greatly reduce this risk by incorporating hard-to-guess passwords, always changing default settings, and selecting routers with integrated security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in Lincoln today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can do by designing your own with a Vivint specialist today. You’ll love being able to monitor and control your Lincoln security system from anywhere. Reach out to (402) 545-5763 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.