Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Lincoln smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in total control of your Lincoln home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Lincoln do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You may arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you may even chat with someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup for added reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operability with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the tasks you can perform:
- Check real-time or recorded video streams from your connected surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Lincoln by setting schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock whenever the fire alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be in your house and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open door will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you can still arm the security system by using the steps above. You will then need to verify you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Lincoln
Despite the fact that many users can be set up when you first get your system, you will likely want to add an additional user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote functionality, tap email or phone and enter the details to deliver an invite.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, touch users, pick the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Lincoln home security system. Dial (402) 545-5763 to learn more.