Tips to cut down on false alarms in Lincoln
False alarms are a legitimate issue for home security systems. Not only do they erode the faith you have in your alarms, but they might even be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Thankfully, you are able to do a few things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Lincoln security system.
First, ensure that all components are connected correctly. This might appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that simple user errors result in false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on likely sources of false alarms, such as entry points that could be left unsecured mistakenly. And of course, you should try to use the many features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Lincoln.
Is it really that straightforward? Keep reading to discover for yourself.
Can you stop false alarms in Lincoln?
Just like you would address any concern, the best course of action is to read the manual. Ensure all alarms and sensors are connected appropriately from your perspective by:
- Performing a diagnostic via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Manually check each sensor to ensure it didn't slip or need a new battery.
- Look over your scheduling to make sure that your alarms aren’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all new smart implements are installed properly and aren't conflicting with your system.
Reach out to your Vivint representative if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Lincoln security system. They'll gladly schedule a tech to check your system.
Inspect your doors and windows
If your configuration seems to be OK, the ensuing course of action is to do an investigation of your residence. Are all your entries closed tightly, or are any inadvertently open? If an access point remains unlatched, it may activate an activated sensor. If your clan routinely fails to shut an entrance, you can incorporate a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when the alarm is activated. Sadly, windows require additional manual maintenance, mainly if you have a loved one who likes to fall asleep with an open window. Fortunately, your Vivint home security system makes it a breeze to turn off that device while protecting the remaining areas of the property.
Smart home automation tends to be a smart method to cut down on false alarms in Lincoln
One of the smartest methods to reduce the probability of false alarms is to include smart home automation into your alarm system. With your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Program a schedule to disarm when you are home and avoid false alarms that happen due to absentmindedly opening doors or windows. Then have your alarm system reactivate automatically again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Program the alarm to disengage whenever your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the correct code.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system as you depart the premises, then turn off when you return.
- Receive smartphone alerts when your devices detect uncommon movements or require a new battery.
- Link your equipment to a smart home speaker, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Lincoln when you get a Vivint smart home installation
An enhanced level of command over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, reach out to (402) 545-5763 or send in the following form.