What should you do when your Lincoln home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your property – and your loved ones – against the many risks you may experience, like break-ins, flooding, and fire. Although your home may be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Lincoln home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm can be startling, confusing, and might incite panic. Your best option is to stay level-headed and adhere to these simple suggestions.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Lincoln Triggers
You don’t want to be in this dilemma, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system originally. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the distinct blasting of an alarm after a home security component has been triggered. What should you do?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is pounding. But keeping a cool head is the most effective way to evaluate what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency on your own but instead allow your monitoring staff and first responders to perform their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your main focus should be your loved ones and getting them out of danger. In the case of a break-in, this might mean proceeding to a predetermined safe room as far from entry points as possible. The trespasser was in all likelihood already scared off by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s fumes or a blaze, you ought to leave your house immediately.
- Don’t forget your cell phone. The vast majority of people keep their smartphones with them constantly these days, but you might fail to pick it up during an urgent situation. You’ll want to have it. You’ll be able to stay in touch with your monitoring specialists and get notifications through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Lincoln goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will act immediately. Their first step is to validate your alarm, and that involves communicating with you. The guideline they abide by depends on the sort of emergency. To illustrate, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, one effort will be made to get in touch with you before help is deployed. If you’re dealing with a burglary alarm - the most typical sort of alarm - a monitoring specialist will adhere to these procedures to reach out to you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you via the touchscreen interface. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t result in a response, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- An alternate number or your primary contact person is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area law enforcement officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again after the proper authorities are notified.
If you're not able to converse with monitoring agents, that’s OK. Assistance will still be dispatched even when you're not able to substantiate the emergency.
Get protection for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Lincoln
Get prepared for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Lincoln from Vivint. Dial (402) 545-5763 to start the customization of your home’s defense today.